Purchasing tax lien foreclosures in Chicago is a complicated type of real estate transaction for individuals who are not familiar with the process. URB has helped many clients navigate these tricky waters because our professionals have extensive experience with tax lien auctions, tax lien certificates and regularly view tax lien properties in south and west Chicago.
Tax foreclosures are properties that have been foreclosed upon due to unpaid taxes. Municipalities will sell the unpaid taxes to investors who will get repaid in cash by the property owner or will be able to gain ownership of the property. There are two primary types of county tax sales:
Annual Tax Sale: the tax sale conducted each year by the Cook County Treasurer’s office for the taxes not paid in the just concluded tax year.
Scavenger Tax Sale: the tax sale conducted by the Cook County Treasurer’s office in alternate years, offering any property that has taxes due and owed for more than one tax year.
As you should expect, there can be fantastic opportunities with tax lien investing, especially with tax lien foreclosure auctions. Since very few individuals or real estate companies are knowledgeable in this area, URB can lead you to the best opportunities for finding foreclosed single family homes, condos, duplex homes, income property, 2-flats, 3-flats, and even commercial property such as stores, office buildings and warehouses.
Whether you have purchased foreclosed tax lien real estate in the past, or you are just interested in learning about the possibilities of tax lien foreclosures we invite you to contact a URB, Inc. foreclosure specialist (link) by clicking the link or calling us today. Not only will you benefit from our expertise, only URB offers you these five advantages:
- Low cost financing: Compare our interest rates with any other source in the market and we beat them all hands down.
- Easy financing: Forget about the hundred page mortgage application form that some lenders are requiring…URB provides financing to many of our clients and we make the process simple, painless and quick.
- No credit checks: URB does not require credit checks because we finance all foreclosures.
- Discount Contractor Network: Many tax lien foreclosures require some repairs. URB has an established network of qualified contractors who provide quality workmanship at very reasonable prices.
- Fix and Sell Program: If you prefer to do your own repairs, in many instances URB may be able to connect you with a buyer who prefers move-in-ready real estate…your rehabbed property!